Open web girders are used for track bridges over large rivers and valleys. Standard length of open web girders in railways are 30.5, 45.7, 61.0 and 76.2 meters. Depending on width requirements single and multiple cell girders are selected.REQUEST A CALL BACK
- High torsional stiffness and strength this enables the use of box girders in horizontally curved bridges and interchanges.
- Greater aerodynamic stability.
- Reduced susceptibility to lateral buckling of flanges in lateral-torsional and distortional buckling modes.
- Support point required are less compared to conventional systems.
- Improved durability.
- Reduced maintenance of protective coatings since the exposed surface is less and fewer edges are there and avoidance of exposed horizontal surfaces, no exposed bracing and stiffeners.
- Clean lines of a closed box girder provide better appearance for footbridges where the visual impact counts.
Keep us on our always evolving our latest news. Enter your e-Mail and subscribe to our newsletter.