VPL Group exhibit the highest levels of personal integrity ,teamwork and appreciation for our diverse individual and company cultures. For this VPL have framed some policies and oath to adhere by them.
VPL has a strong commitment to the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and its customers. Our commitment to maintaining a safe and secure workplace requires a clear policy and supportive programs relating to the detection, treatment and prevention of substance abuse by employees.
We are doing this to provide a safe workplace by eliminating the hazards to health and job safety created by alcohol and other drug abuse. This would be achieved through the involvement of all employees and department councils, and taking steps forward towards the following:
- Create an awareness in employees and their families of the impact of substance abuse, by taking active Participation in and support company-sponsored drug and alcohol education programs.
- Motivating those employees who have an alcohol/drug problem, to solicit support.(We assure to maintain confidential about such cases.
VPL strives to use energy in the most efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible manner possible.
Under this policy energy management will play a key role in support of our plan to maximise profitability, strengthen our competitive position, and provide customers with the highest quality products.
Our efforts to reduce energy use will also support our commitment to our employees, the environment, and the communities in which we are a part
VPL’s objectives under this policy are the following:
- Maximise energy performance, reduce operating expenses and increase shareholder value by actively and responsibly managing energy consumption
- Demonstrate commitment to our community and leadership in our industry, by reducing environmental impacts associated with energy use
To achieve these objectives VPL has committed to:
- Compliance with all energy management laws, regulations and Codes of Practice in existing operations, upgrades and new developments
- Operating practices that seek to minimise impacts through works and management practices, continual improvement, training and the use of new technology
- Improve employee awareness and encouraging the sharing of experiences and expertise
- Management review of energy objectives and targets.
The company has established a no solicitation rule to maintain and promote efficient operations and security.
- No employee can solicit or promote support for any cause or organization during his or her working time. In addition, no employee can solicit another employee during that employee’s working time. Working time is defined as all time an employee is required to be on company premises, on duty or at a prescribed workplace, including preparation time, opening and closing times and required meetings.
- This policy does not restrict employee activity during lunch or rest periods or before or after working time.
- Distribution of literature relating to any cause or organization is not permitted in working areas at any time. Such literature may be shared in non-work areas such as the lunch room or the parking lot. Non-employees are not allowed to solicit or distribute written material for any purpose on company property, including parking areas.
Company prohibits harassment or offensive conduct in any form, including harassment or offensive conduct directed toward the protected status of an employee, customer, vendor, contractor or their relatives, friends or associates. “Protected status” includes race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran’s status, age, disability and any other status protected by law.
Company will actively enforce its policy against harassment. The policy applies to all conduct on company property or company time and to all conduct off the job that affects an individual’s work environment. This policy also prohibits harassment or offensive conduct directed toward any employee by customers, vendors or contractors or their relatives, friends or associates.
Company considers violation of this policy a serious offense that will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge.
Harassment is any offensive action directed at a person’s protected status. Some examples of prohibited conduct, if directed at a person’s protected status, include foul language, jokes, slurs, derogatory comments, negative stereotyping, threatening or intimidating acts or posting or circulating offensive written or visual material. Additional examples of harassment include unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Company prohibits such conduct if:
The conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment or of unreasonably interfering with an employee’s work performance or
- Submitting to such conduct is made a term or condition of employment; or
- Submitting to or rejecting such conduct is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting that individual; or
- The conduct otherwise adversely affects an individual’s employment opportunities.
- The company will not tolerate unwanted touching under any circumstances.
Company expects employees to conduct themselves in a manner that another person or group of persons will not interpret as offensive. The company requires every person to show sound judgment and respect for the feelings of all other employees. All management personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy.
We in VPL are committed to protection of privacy of individual in business and professional work.While dealing with any personal information we assure that:
- We shield personal data & information.
- We keep personal data and information complete,accurate and up to date.
- We permit only the authorized personnel to have the access to personal data and information.
We undertake not to disclose any personal information, except where we are required by law to respond to statutory authorities or any court or legal authority.